We started our adventure and flew to Nor Cal on Evan's 24th birthday, June 18th. We rented our stylish PT cruiser (woop woop) and headed to Brentwood, CA. The smell of California was welcoming. It made me feel at home. We first stayed with one of my favorite families ever, the Dudeks. Renae Dudek is my old roomie and soccer buddy and her family was always such a huge support as we began our soccer careers in college. We enjoyed great food, great laughs, and lots of catching up. Its amazing how fast 4 years flew by. We celebrated Evans's 24th birthday when we got in. Renae was nice enough to get a cake and we sang happy birthday just before midnight. I even got Evan to eat some healthy food, like turkey burgers...We are so grateful to have gotten a chance to spend good times with them.
We were also able to meet up with my sista/amiga Shawna and I got to meet her beautiful baby girl, Lacey. We went and ate Mexican food and I was able to have an unlimited fountain of HORCHATA, pretty much my favorite drink EVER. Its been far too long since I have seen Shawna and it was good to catch up and see her new place and I am so happy that her little growing family is doing so well. Friendship is one of those things that never ends unless one ends it, but its also one of those things much like a growing plant, it needs to be nourished, protected and cared for. I truly cherish and care so much for my friend, I love her and miss her.
Evan and I stayed in San Carlos, CA the remainder of our time in Nor Cal with his sister, Megs. She was the whole purpose that we made this vacation because she and Rob were married on June 26th. I was able to play a pick up soccer game with some of Megs friends and loved every minute of it. It has been far too long since I have played ball and I miss it so much. To be running out on the field, battling shoulder to shoulder, crossing and passing the ball, making great combinations..oh for me it was like a thanksgiving feast!! I even assisted our only goal =) We also had such a blast with Erin, Marc, Cole, Tyler, Mom, Dad, Grandpa Stubbs, Grandma Quon and all the kiddies and cousins and aunties and uncles. We enjoyed a great day in San Francisco (Chinatown, trolley, Pier 39, Gay Pride week..etc) and Santa Cruz ( finding star fish, anenimies, freezing cold ocean water that I could barely put my toes in, wearing pants and long jackets to stay warm in June, watching the kids laugh..etc) When we first spent the night at Megs house I thought I was going to freeze! It was so cold, even though I had a huge blanket, if I moved from a spot on the air mattress I would get cold, but thankfully it heated up at night. Megs and Robs wedding was delightful. They were so beautiful and sweet. The blessing of eternal marriage is an amazing feeling..being able to witness their sealing was awesome and I am so glad that we were so blessed to share such a perfect day with them. Traveling is often exhausting. We slept so good being so active. We really had such a great trip in Nor Cal and it was awesome to create so many memories!!

8 comments:
So sad we missed you :( but so glad you had such a good time! :) Miss you! And love all the pictures and posts!
your hair looks really cute with that cut :)
and that one pic towards the bottom of you and evan is kinda freaky. your eyes are trippy! haha
thanks! my eyes are trippy huh??!? I couldnt believe it when I saw them!
aww ur hair looks great like that!!! Happy late bday evan!
hecka fun! I wish I was in california right now. San francisco, Santa cruz, you hit up all the best places. Glad you had fun. wish we were there to hang out too. how is dude doing anyway? What is she up to?
Thanks for loving my kids like you do. Having aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents around always makes a trip more fun!! Love you guys.
how fun!! Wish we would have been there when you were there!! That would have been a fun trip to SAN FRAN (which is only about 1 1/2 hrs from where my fam lives in cali.) Can't wait to see what else you guys did..
wheres part 2??
Post a Comment