
Ev being a spaz..me being clueless
Having a great day at the water park!
Pineapple fields forever!

This week was a great one. We got Evan to the dentist. Dentist told him he needs to floss and floss regularly not just when he has something stuck in his teeth. We decided to hit the water park on Saturday and yes there is a water park in Hawaii, weird I know. We had a good time, wish the lines were shorter (dang tourists!) but we enjoyed a sunny but not blazing sunny day so no sunburns, which was good. We walked around Borders. I love bookstores they are great. There are so many books you could buy we could've seriously stayed there forever. We even looked at childrens books about the solar system and they have made it official, Pluto is no longer in the solar system they ousted em for not being planet like enough. Its considered as just being something floating in the air and being an object in the Kuiper belt. Its not the only thing in its orbit, its a party planet,the scientists found bigger objects in its orbit. Unlike all the other lonely planets. Pluto is considered by scientists as a dwarf planet. Sad day, its always the little guy that gets picked on. For an object to be a planet, it needs to meet these three requirements defined by the IAU:
- It needs to be in orbit around the Sun - Yes, so maybe Pluto is a planet.
- It needs to have enough gravity to pull itself into a spherical shape - Pluto…check
- It needs to have “cleared the neighborhood” of its orbit - Uh oh. Here’s the rule breaker. According to this, Pluto is not a planet.
We came home late and got to bed. It had been a long day. Today we taught gospel doctrine, we taught about the Word of Wisdom, such pure revelation. Such a basic law to keep our bodies free from the bad stuff and keep us from creating harmful habits. Its true, pure truth. We also were taught today about trials and enduring them well. We hear all the time that we arent ever given anything that we cant handle, yet oft times we tend to disagree. It feels sometimes as if a wave keeps crashing on you and you cant get up to clear the break. Its often so tough and I wont pretend to know what its like to go through things that others have gone through that I haven't, but all I can say is be faithful and endure because thats what we are here to do, not to give up. I love the poem below its so neat!!! I am so excited to be heading to California this Thursday (Ev's birthday by the way, the BIG 24) We are excited to see family and friends and grateful we got such a good deal on our plane tickets. Aloha Nui Loa!!
Good Timber
The tree that never had to fight
For sun and sky and air and light,
But stood out in the open plain
And always got its share of rain,
Never became a forest king
But lived and died a scrubby thing.
The man who never had to toil
To gain and farm his patch of soil,
Who never had to win his share
Of sun and sky and light and air,
Never became a manly man
But lived and died as he began.
Good timber does not grow with ease:
The stronger wind, the stronger trees;
The further sky, the greater length;
The more the storm, the more the strength.
By sun and cold, by rain and snow,
In trees and men good timbers grow.
Where thickest lies the forest growth,
We find the patriarchs of both.
And they hold counsel with the stars
Whose broken branches show the scars
Of many winds and much of strife.
This is the common law of life.
2 comments:
Did you talk about Dr. Pepper in Gospel Doctrine? I'm so excited for your trip to Cali. Give Aunt Marg. a giant kiss and hug for me.
I MISS the pinapple fields SO MUCH!! I did NOT know they had a water park there!! Where have I been.. What a super fun saturday!! Hey!! I got your message last week and have been super slack and crazy busy (plus, everytime I think about calling you it's early in the morning and I don't think you'd appreciate me calling you at 3 in the morning. Call me again when you get a chance... I'm so SORRY!! XOXO
Post a Comment