Its been a great week. Busy with work as usual and Evan finishing up his term. We shopping to find a navy blue or cobalt dress and a shirt and tie to match for Ev for his sisters wedding in three weeks. We are so excited to go to Cali. Our shopping trip wasnt too successful.We went to the Waikele outlet mall and to the Kahala mall and then last weekend we went to Ala Moana outside mall..nothing..seriously how hard is it to have a blue dress at a store honestly though...NEWWAYS..we had fun time with each other. For the past couple weeks we have been wanting to make cinnamon rolls, so we finally got a rolling pin to make our job a little easier. We made the dough this morning and then came home and Evy rolled it on out and did his thing. They turned out really good. We shared them with the neighbors and we proud of ourselves. We made "notes to self" on what we would do better next time. Not too bad for our first time. The first batch we put in the oven were huge..then after we cooked them they were ginormous..Bigger than cinnabun =) Its nice to know that even the smallest things like making cinnamon rolls with my hubbs, we have fun doing because were doing it together.
So last week Evy and I started the Wii Active, honestly I never thought I was in that bad of shape, but if you havent heard of the Wii Active look it up. Its probably one of the coolest programs made for a game console, I swear. Its like you have a personal trainer basically. I love it. I can do it inside my home at whatever time I want. Now I love to sweat, I know thats gross but when I work out its fulfilling when I sweat...ya I know gross okay..but neways when I work out on the Wii active, I am sweating buckets, gross again..and I love it.. I highly recommend it to anyone that wants their own workout program laid out for them. Its kinda hard to explain without you seeing it, but you have a work out journal. You log into it and report what you ate the day before, how much water you drank, and how much sleep you got, how motivated you were to workout...etc..You can choose low intensity, medium, or high..Exercise and Sport Science was what I got my degree in and I think its a good program. It pushes you to burn calories and monitors your form making sure you are doing things right. I love it, what else can I say...Thank you Evy for my Wii Active! Onto teaching...I love to teach. I loved to teach before my mission, loved to teach on my mission and really love to teach now that I am back from my mission. Ev and I are Gospel Doctrine teachers. We werent suppose to teach today, but we got a call at 10 am asking us if we could teach (Church starts at 2pm). Of course we said sure! The topic as you probably learned was on the Second Coming.. What a huge topic, so busy with so much to think about and to teach..we honestly didnt know what to focus on more...but after the lesson we were given so many compliments on our lesson,I was convinced we did our job exactly how the Lord would have us do it. It was a neat feeling. It was really a neat lesson to think of the Savior born in such Humble circumstances, no one believed that the Carpenters son could be the Messiah, the Savior of the world. He then atones for our sins and bled from every pore. HE was then Resurrected and He will come again in great glory. The most powerful thing in the lesson was knowing that He LIVES and HE WILL COME AGAIN.
President Gordon B. Hinckley taught:How do you prepare for the Second Coming? Well, you just do not worry about it. You just live the kind of life that if the Second Coming were to be tomorrow you would be ready. Nobody knows when it is going to happen. … Our responsibility is to prepare ourselves, to live worthy of the association of the Savior, to deport ourselves in such a way that we would not be embarrassed if He were to come among us. That is a challenge in this day and age (Church News, 2 Jan. 1999, 2)
President Gordon B. Hinckley taught:How do you prepare for the Second Coming? Well, you just do not worry about it. You just live the kind of life that if the Second Coming were to be tomorrow you would be ready. Nobody knows when it is going to happen. … Our responsibility is to prepare ourselves, to live worthy of the association of the Savior, to deport ourselves in such a way that we would not be embarrassed if He were to come among us. That is a challenge in this day and age (Church News, 2 Jan. 1999, 2)
We all know about the parable of the ten virgins, when all ten were waiting for the bridegroom. 5 were prepared and had their lamps filled and the other 5 procrastinated and werent ready when the Bridegroom(the Lord) was ready. A great quote...In the parable, oil can be purchased at the market. In our lives the oil of preparedness is accumulated drop by drop in righteous living. Attendance at sacrament meetings adds oil to our lamps, drop by drop over the years. Fasting, family prayer, home teaching, control of bodily appetites, preaching the gospel, studying the scriptures—each act of dedication and obedience is a drop added to our store. Deeds of kindness, payment of offerings and tithes, chaste thoughts and actions, marriage in the covenant for eternity—these, too, contribute importantly to the oil with which we can at midnight refuel our exhausted lamps (Faith Precedes the Miracle [1972], 256) Well I hope this will enlighten you for the week and I hope that you fill your lamps will drops of oil each day..not gallons, just drops day by day...
3 comments:
Put buttermilk into your cinn. rolls. Works like a charm! I'm jealous that you're going to Cali. A Navy blue dress is impossible to find; trust me! It was my wedding color because my mom said I couldn't do black. Some of the girls had to make their dresses. Good luck!
YUM! Those look really good. I love my phone by the way. It is the new LG xenon or whatever its called. I love it! It is hard to get used to a touch phone though but it is a lot of fun.
Hi! I am Katy's daughter! Those cinnamon rolls look so good! They are making my mouth water!
Hannah
Post a Comment