Saturday, July 17, 2010
Mouth Surgery
Since 2007 I have battling this infection in my mouth that no dentist could seem to solve. It wasnt the kind of infection like "bad breath syndrome" or anything like that, but well no one quite knew. I saw an endodontist on my mission who said I had broken some bone from getting hit in the face playing soccer or even by a little kid when they throw their head back, but that I needed to have a root canal to solve it to help rebuild the bone..long story short..the infection came and went. I went to many dentist who took x-rays and well saw that there was an infection but cleaned out the canal once again and figured it was good to go, if it "didn't hurt" or if it wasn't causing me any pain. Unfortunately, all the dentists were wrong. The infection came back once again right before we moved from Hawaii to California and I waited it out until we got a little more settled. Well I wasn't sure where to start because no one seemed to be able to help me before. I checked my mail one day and received a brochure for a Dr. Muna Soltan. I called to see if they would a free consult, which they did. So I made the appt. I went in had x-rays done. Before even looking at the x-rays Dr. Soltan wiggled tooth #7 (the problem tooth) and said, "You have a fractured tooth." Upon looking at the x-rays she confirmed her assumptions. Anyways after reviewing the cost of the entire procedure (which made me bawl my eyes out because I knew it would be impossible to pay for it) We knew we would find a way because I needed to have it done right away. Long story shorter...I had the procedure, it was very very painful, not gonna lie. I had a tooth extraction and a bone graft. The infection that started in 2007 had grown for the past three years without anything killing it and it just completely ate away a large majority of the bone in my gums. I was given Vicodin and sent home, with a pat on the back for being a good patient and for having a jaw dropping amount of bone missing, so much that the Dentist took pictures for research and teaching because hse had never seen anything like it before ( I guess I felt special...). Well I came home and took some meds and slept..I woke up to go to work, not feeling sick or tired and went on with my day. My sweet husband begged me to left him drive me and he would sit in the car while I worked..but I assured him I was fine...Well about an hour and a half later I was being taken by ambulance to the hospital because I passed out during one of my sessions.,,(extremely embarrassing!!) Guess the mouth surgery did a number on me and I didn't even realize it. Since my heart rate and blood pressure was at an all time low, they kept me until it got to a normal level. They ran blood tests and all that good stuff, but after 2 hours or so I was on my way home. Of course my husband was here with me to drive me home..funny thing I was playing water balloons with my kiddo when I passed out and well...the balloon lost..it popped in the general area where it looks like someone wet themselves...but I didnt I promise..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment