Friday, November 26, 2010

Black Friday Madness

 So I have always had this crazy desire to hit up the BLACK FRIDAY sales after Thanksgiving, but I never really had any reason to "camp out". This year my brother needed to stand in line to get a super good deal on a tv for his father-in-law, which gave us the perfect excuse to go because we were keeping Josh company. After Josh though about this master plan, we found out that there was a frost advisory..but we were still gonna do it. We went to Target and got in line at around 8:45 PM Thursday night and the store opened at 4 AM Friday. We had a pretty good spot in line only about 30 other crazy people in front of us. We played some Farkle, listened to other people talk, tried to sleep, watched people come and go, ate some warm Del Taco breakfast burritos around Midnight (Josh made a food run while we held down the fort), and I got the boys hot chocolate around 2 AM when I needed to relieve my bladder. We had a fun time. People tried to cut but we called them out on it. We had an alliance with the people in front of us and behind us..haha. We looked out for each other. All in all it was a fun experience. We kept warm with layers of clothing, sleeping bags, and blankets. Next year I think we each need our own sleeping bag..the only thing that really never got warm were my feet. My back and bottom got cold sometimes too. But for it being 30 degrees outside, we kept pretty warm. 

 Josh's hair after sleeping with the beanie & face mask for a few hours

 Del Taco warmth


You can kinda see Evans breath. He was trying to capture how cold it was. After getting what Josh needed at Target and our $3 hand mixer, we headed back to Josh's and Brittanie and I took off to do some Khols shopping. I was up for a good 24 hours and it was at least a whole day recovery before I felt rested again. Sheesh...but it was worth the adventure and hanging out with my hubby and Josh.

No comments: