Wednesday, October 17, 2012

oregon solo visit

I went to Oregon to visit with my Mom, sister, brother and their kids before I moved to the other side of the country. My Mom had been up in Oregon helping out my sister and brother with their kids so even though I was living at her house while Evan was in Florida, she wasn't there and I really missed her. It was a crazy time actually getting to Oregon because of the one day that California actually got rain. My flight got changed three times before I actually got on a plane. I ended up leaving on a plane headed for Las Vegas, NV and the connecting flight was delayed to Portland, OR. When we were finally boarded on the plane, there was thunder..so we were delayed again..I ended up falling asleep while sitting on the plane. I woke up an hour later and we were still sitting in the jetway. After I woke up, they make an announcement that the flight has been cancelled {the pilot timed out after all the delays and could no longer fly) GAY-extremely GAY! We unloaded the plane and all the passengers ended up sleeping in the Las Vegas airport. It was soooo awful. So awful. I slept about 1 hour. No pillow. No blankets. Just the airport floor, which I refused to sleep on...ANYWAYS. I finally made it to Portland at 8:30 am the following day. It was so good to see my Mom. I sure missed her. She had food ready and even warm clothes for me to change into. It was so wonderful. Right after I got there we started setting up for the twins little CUPCAKE party. We decorated everything with cupcakes and cupcake wrappers. We had the older kids decorate their own cupcake. We watched them open presents and then we sang Happy Birthday to them. Mom made them small mini cakes, but they weren't that interested. It was fun. Aliyah and Chiara turned 1 on October 12, 2012. They are so tiny for being one, but they are walking around and are very interactive. They are at such a fun age!  





The rest of my trip in Oregon we just had a good time together. All the kids had soccer games, which all started at 11am. We went shopping at the thrift store with Jess & the kids for costumes. We went to lunch. Walmart. We watched movies together. It was just a special time for me to have for myself. It was a quick trip but a great one. I love my family so much! I am truly blessed. 
love you Mom!

1 comment:

The Fallan Family said...

How fun! Wish I could've been there for all the fun!