Sunday, March 3, 2013

Birmingham, Alabama Temple Trip

In all the places that we've lived, we have been blessed to live within 30 minutes of a temple. Here in Gulf Breeze, Florida the closest temple in 4.5 hours away. We had a youth temple trip and since my calling is with the youth, Evan and I left early Saturday morning with two 12 year olds in tow. They chatted for a little bit but slept most of the way there and the way back. We had a great experience together and I am grateful we were blessed to make the trip. I cant imagine how much sacrifice those that don't live within a drive to a temple have to make to be able to experience the great spirit and joy that comes from serving.
We enjoyed the Spirit.
{Our first snow flurries since living in the south}
We enjoyed being together.
We enjoyed good fun.
While we were away the entire day, Sage & Jade were being loved and taken care of by our friends the Carleton's. We are so glad our babies could enjoy a fun day too!

2 comments:

Katy said...

Gorgeous pictures, and I love your new hairdo!

Team Allen said...

Thanks for your sweet blog comments! Definitely need to remember to update Shawn on your life as well :) good luck with your new calling and new-ish job!!