Evan and I have been missing Hawaii so much! There were a couple days in a row that he had a local radio station playing on the stereo. I was loving it! It reminded me of so many good memories we had there. When we were deciding what to make for dinner for one Friday night, Evs suggested we make, Loco Moco. When I got home from work, Evs had Island 98.5 playing nice a loud and he had prepared the meat patties to be cooked. It was like we lived in Florida, but our home was in Hawaii! It was so nice. I loved it! So I suggested we do local grindz night every Friday night. It would give us an opportunity to use some of the great recipe books I have gotten over the years for local foods, it would allow us to have our own tradition (if you want to call it that-who knows how long well keep it up-its in a probation stage) and we could always count on having something other than our normal menu of food. We enjoyed our local grindz nights for the month of March!! Our food was so good!
Loco Moco
Chicken Katsu
1 comment:
What was the egg meal at the top? Looks interesting and potentially very yummy, you're going to have to tell me about that one!!!!! Love the tradition, that's a fun idea!
Post a Comment