Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I have a Mother who has given me (and Evs) a whole lot of LOVE. She has begged to take our trials and carry them for us and has always been there for us, even if behind the smile is a sad heart that we moved across the country. A lot of who I am, I get from her. I love that I talk to her almost every other day and we can chat about anything. There are a few things I hope to be when I grow up, but I hope I will be the kind of Mother that will always give my children a whole lot of LOVE just like my Momma.

My husband has a Mother who has given him (and me) a whole lot of LOVE. She has been through a lot with us and has never judged us for our choices but gave her parental suggestion. A lot of who my husband is, he gets from her. I hope I will be the kind of Mother that will always give my children a whole lot of LOVE just like my husband's Momma.

Right now, these babies get a whole lot of LOVE!
My Mother's Day Carrot cake! 
I may or may not have eaten the entire thing in 24 hours...by myself.

1 comment:

Liz said...

You know, that's the nice thing about a carrot cake. It has carrot in the title, and I think might even have carrots in it. I can never tell for sure. But, that makes it a safe, and guilt free thing to eat, anytime, in copious amounts!!!

Happy Mothers Day. I thought of you a lot that day. I was happy to see you in church, and felt inspired by your sweet and happy disposition, when I know it must have been difficult. I'm glad to see you celebrated, as you are most definitely a loving and blessed mother!!!