We headed down to San Marcos for a surprise birthday dinner for Evan's sister Erin( her birthday was the 11th), we were the "surprise". We hadn't seen them in such a long time because of our busy schedules and Karen (Erin's MIL) is like our Mom too, she invited us over for dinner. It was so nice to see all the kids and also to just sit and visit. Happy Birthday Erin!
We also happened to stay very late playing a board game that we, Ev & I, got for Christmas. It is called Dominion. Now I will be honest, I like board games like Monopoly, Yatzee, Scrabble..etc but I have never been one to like games that take a ton of thinking like Settlers of Catan..those games never interested me, but my Evy loves them! {sidenote: because he is so good at understanding those games} I decided instead of just falling asleep and being a party pooper that I would try to understand..what do you know..I actually figured out the game and loved it. We had so much fun with Marc (bro-in-law) and Karen (Marc's Mom). We started the game at 9:30pm and ended at 1am, only because we didn't play the right rules..anyhow we ended up getting home around 2:30am, it was a quick drive..probably because I didn't stay awake very long..Evan did a great job getting us home safely! Love that guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment