To celebrate the Chinese New Year I wanted to do something different for dinner. I looked up traditional noodle recipes and lettuce/cabbage recipes and finally settled on one that looked easiest enough and was different but not too different I might not like it. As I was heading to the Asian Market after Zumba class, I was really tempted to just stop at a Chinese restaurant and get Chinese food to go, but whats the fun in that?!?! So at around 9:45pm we finally ate our
CHOW FUNN.
Noodles (面条; miàntiáo) uncut - long life
Orange (柑橘; gānjú) - wealth, good fortune, gold
Onion (洋葱; yángcōng) - cleverness
Carrots (胡蘿蔔; hú luóbo; or 紅蘿蔔; hóng luóbo), red colour- good luck
It was actually really good. My first time eating Chow Funn and first time making it too. My husband said its actually one of his favorite meals. He loves the long thick, real noodles. It was a fun family night to fix our meal together. When at the store, Evs texts me and says," you need anything else?" I said," oh you should get a Chinese drink too." He replies, "Whats that?" I said, "I dont know your the Chinese one." He replies, "LOL.Ok I got the drink." He comes home with this and says it was on sale. HAHA..Yep my China man so frugal.
2 comments:
Good job sister! Glad you had an enjoyable night!
You guys are so cute!
Post a Comment