Saturday, May 19, 2012

Bridal Shower

Our friend Cynthia is getting married! Its pretty exciting! She and her beau, Allen, are getting married June 1 in the San Diego LDS temple {same temple Evs and I were hitched for eternity}. For her bridal shower we scoured Target with her registry in hand and weren't really sure what to buy. I haven't been to many bridal showers in my short life, so I wasn't really sure what the difference between a bridal shower gift and a wedding gift {basically when do you give the Victoria Secret gift so you embarrass the new bride, but not look skanky??} . Anyways, we put some thought {two hours walking around} into a fun gift! We made what we call a "Keeping the Fire Lit Stater Kit". We bought a basket with a lid and filled it with things to do together:
-COOK EAT together {a box of cupcake mix, a whisk & cupcake pan with a lid}
-WORK together {put a 750 piece monkey puzzle}
-PLAY together {a game called Bananagrams}
-CLEAN together {dish towels}
-RELAX {A box of Popcorn}

No comments: