Evan asked me if I was surprising him and taking him to the midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises? I politely declined and said maybe another time. I don't want to deal with the midnight madness just for this movie {only for Breaking Dawn Part 2}. Now hypothetically, had we gone to see the movie here in Riverside,CA, we probably would've enjoyed it. Evan would've raved, like he was Siskel or Ebert, that it was the best thing since sliced bread, we would've enjoyed the movie, the popcorn, my dill pickle and been just fine, only to be dragging our feet as we got up for work at 6 am this morning. Its the movies for heaven sakes! Why wouldn't we be safe? As I opened MSN news this morning I see that there was a massacre at Century 16 in Aurora, Colorado {not very good advertisement for them} during the midnight showing of Dark Knight Rises. Seriously though?!?! A massacre inside the movie theater!!!! I am kinda glad we didn't go now! Sorry Evs we might be waiting until this one comes out on DVD :\
Twelve people were killed and at least 50 others wounded early Friday when a gunman wearing a bullet-proof vest opened fire during a midnight screening of the latest Batman movie near Denver, authorities and witnesses said.Many victims being treated in at least six hospitals were under 40, including a 6-year-old taken to Children's Hospital Colorado. The youngest person treated was a 4-month-old baby, who has been released. The oldest reported patient is 45.Authorities said the gunman entered the theater through an emergency exit door had appeared at the front of the theater during the film and released a canister of tear gas. Witnesses told reporters that the gunfire erupted during a shootout scene in "The Dark Knight Rises".Friday's incident was the worst mass shooting in the United States since the 2007 shooting on the Virginia Tech campus, in which 33 people, including the gunman, died.It was the deadliest mass shooting in Colorado since the Columbine High School massacre on April 20, 1999. Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, opened fire at the school in the Denver suburb of Littleton, about 15 miles west of Aurora, killing 12 classmates and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves in the school's library. {MSN.COM}
Dear 24 year-old, James Holmes,
I don't know you, but your first impression, isn't impressing me. I am not sure what was going on in your head, but what was so horrible in your own life that you felt you needed to take others lives from them because of your instability, insecurities and selfishness? Unfortunately, you are still alive and didn't take the easy way out and kill yourself too, I guess that says something {maybe?} and you will now have to suffer the consequences of your actions..did you see the 4 month-old baby James?? Seriously what did she/he do to you?!?! I do not know your motive or goal. If your goal was to create more chaos and create yet another unsafe place for people to be in our world, then consider it goal accomplished. Now every time those people involved, if they ever go to a movie theater again, the man dressed as if he was Batman to save the day, will haunt them and they will continue to relive this horrific event. As for the rest of us, we will be praying we live through a movie we paid $13 to see and hope its not our last moment. Thanks a whole lot James Holmes, you suck!
I don't know you, but your first impression, isn't impressing me. I am not sure what was going on in your head, but what was so horrible in your own life that you felt you needed to take others lives from them because of your instability, insecurities and selfishness? Unfortunately, you are still alive and didn't take the easy way out and kill yourself too, I guess that says something {maybe?} and you will now have to suffer the consequences of your actions..did you see the 4 month-old baby James?? Seriously what did she/he do to you?!?! I do not know your motive or goal. If your goal was to create more chaos and create yet another unsafe place for people to be in our world, then consider it goal accomplished. Now every time those people involved, if they ever go to a movie theater again, the man dressed as if he was Batman to save the day, will haunt them and they will continue to relive this horrific event. As for the rest of us, we will be praying we live through a movie we paid $13 to see and hope its not our last moment. Thanks a whole lot James Holmes, you suck!
A former FBI profiler, Clint Van Zandt, said it best, "James Holmes didn't just fall off a Turnip truck and decide he was going to do this. This was pre-planned. He had to buy the ticket, make the costume, get the gas, make sure he had a way inside, get the weapons..etc"
Such is life, this is the world we live in. And it's sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment