Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Florida move Part 1-our life in a storage unit

Farewell to our 676 sq foot, little yellow house on Lime St. in Riverside, CA, where the ginormous hedges stole the role of the, should've been white picket fence. 
We were only here a short 6 months, but we have many memories. Packing up was never-ending or so it seemed. From the time I found out he got the job, I immediately posted our big things on Craigslist to sell because I knew we had a week and a half to move out {didn't make sense to pay rent for August since we wont be there most of it and Evan leaves at the end} and get our stuff in storage and trash the stuff that didn't make the cut. Evan worked hard all last week trying to get stuff organized. We had a yard sale on Saturday and sold some stuff but didn't sell our Pub table and chairs, washer and dryer or fridge, which all take up a lot of space in a 10 ft storage bin. Josh and Evan loaded all the big items we were taking and put them in storage. We had refrigerated & frozen food all over the kitchen and finally gathered it and took it to my parents. Really no one likes moving, it just has to be done. Things I wish I could change about the move- that the small things wouldn't annoy me, that the mound of stuff and boxes didn't seem to be getting smaller stressed me out, and that Evan and I, who hardly get in disagreements, had way to many tiffs about nothing really, it was pretty annoying. I said, "fetch" way too many times and I was quick to frustration. By the end we were both pretty spent. All the odds and ends were shoved in any spot that was found. We got to my parents house by 9:30pm and the dogs were so excited to be at Grandma's. We unpacked and finally ate dinner around 10:30pm. Since Evan leaves at the end of the month, we are staying with my parents and then I will be staying with my parents until its my turn to head to Florida. 
Such tired puppies. 
Moving is so hard. 
In fact we had to take apart their kennels and stack them to even fit them in the car. 
I am so glad we have this opportunity. We have truly been blessed. And with all blessings things aren't always easy along the way, but they are sure worth it.

1 comment:

The Sandbergs said...

I didn't know you guys were moving! That is awesome that Evan got a good job it sounds like. Congrats! Good luck in Florida.