Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2-0-1-3

happy twenty-thirteen!
Headed to downtown Pensacola,FL for the NYE Pelican Drop. Walked around looking at the open shops. Peopled watched drunkards. Inhaled far too much second hand smoke. Listened to live bands. Danced. Sang. Ate new foods. And called it a night before the "Pelican" even dropped. Figured it was safer to be off the road before midnight.
Fried Gator on a stick
Came home and finished up our 3 day marathon and watched the final movie in The Lord of the Rings trilogy (made it to bed around 3:30 am). Safe to say it was a great night.
 Paused our movie to watch the Moon Pie drop on tv (live in Mobile, Alabama) Woo hoo! Got a midnight kiss and returned to the movie!
Make it a great year!

4 comments:

The Fallan Family said...

How fun! Hope that gator was delicious!

The Fallan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Aww man, that's a great New Years Eve!!!! I didn't know Pcola had a Pelican drop!! That's cute. See, we obviously don't get out enough. We've lived here almost 5 years, and I didn't know that.

Scott and I used to do Lord of the Rings marathons!! Before the kids and when we were both working, we'd save up a couple weeks worth of laundry, and do it all at once together (dominating about 5 laundry machines at once in the apt. complex laundry room!) We folded like there was no tomorrow, and basked in the fantasy greatness. Now I have that much laundry just in 3 days, and I stay up 'till after midnight, folding it all myself. In my DH's defense, he helps when he's home. That's the thing though . . .

I hope 2013 is a great year for you guys. We're happy you're here!!

Liz said...

Oh, and awesome you tried the gator!!! I was right, wasn't I?!! It tastes like chicken that's been sitting by the fish sticks in the freezer!