Sunday, February 3, 2013

A blessing


Autism found me in Florida. I applied for a job doing Behavior Therapy what seems like over a month ago. Along with many other jobs I applied for, I just waited. I actually forgot that I had applied. During my prayers one day, in my trusting voice I told Heavenly Father, "If you are waiting for me to be finished coaching soccer for the season, and then a job will pop up, I understand and I will be patient, I just hope that is the reason for the delay in finding a job." Well soccer season ended. And the very next day I got a call for an interview. I guess I got my answer. Soccer is very therapeutic for me. And coaching is even more rewarding. I am glad I caught onto Heavenly Fathers plan. I was hired the day I was interviewed and started immediately that Monday. It had been about 6 months since I had done therapy with any kiddo. I suppose its like riding a bike. My client is 11 years old. He is non-verbal and non-hearing (has some residual hearing). I have had to step up my ASL and try to help him learn the correct signs too. We are a cooky pair trying to figure each other out. I love his laugh. It is so contagious. I truly believe spirits like his are sent to earth for a great purpose. He is such a sweet kid. I cant imagine what it is like for him to not be able to communicate his wants and needs. I hope that I cant make his life and his parents life better. I know Heavenly Father is on my side. I am grateful that Autism found me in Florida. I have a great service to give and much to learn.

2 comments:

csandberg said...

I'm so glad you found a job and I hope that things are going well with you and this little kiddo. I don't know if any of my advice was helpful, but I hope things are getting better. If you have other questions let me know. P.S. I love the two main quotes on your blog about happiness and about God. You are so wonderful! Hope life is going well. :) Oh and about the Hashimotos message me about it if you want to know more. I already knew I had thyroid problems before I got the Hashimotos diagnosis. I had already been taking medication for 3 years. I continue to take the pill and always will. but now I'm doign this program to learn about my body and trying to control the disease so it doesn't continue to attach my thyroid and mess up other systems. I also think it's been a big part of Garrett & I not getting pregnant. Anyway, let me know if you want to know more about it.

The Fallan Family said...

Glad you found a job and like you said, you two are best friends, he just doesn't know it yet ;)