Sunday, May 17, 2009

sunny.days

I love Saturdays where I can relax with Evy and just enjoy this beautiful place in which we live, Hawaii. I love how everything is beautiful and the thought often scares me that I am surrounded by a body of water, but its a beautiful sight and one that can drive you into deep meditation. The Ocean just seems as though it never ends from these pictures. There is a constant beauty within the ocean and no man could have ever created something so extraordinary.
My Auntie and cousins were here for a visit so we took them out for a great Saturday. The surf report said the water was going to be pretty flat, that a swell would come in later, so we all hopped in the car and headed to Sharks Cove, one of the most popular sights for snorkeling. There is an array of colorful fish and often times there are turtles just swimming around enjoy the water. We saw some pretty cool fish and me telling you doesnt even capture the beauty of the water. The name Sharks Cove isnt given because there are sharks, but because from an aerial view the rocks are in the formation of a shark. This time we were there, we went and looked at the tide pools and fish. We happened also to see a shark! It was a baby white tip shark. I was pretty cool. I have been dropped in a cage where sharks have surrounded me before, but never while snorkeling has the shark been just swimming around. I didnt get a picture under water because I dont have an underwater camera, but here is about what the shark looked like. Heres also a few of what Sharks cove looks like.



Pretty cool aye?? I thought so. After being there a few hours we headed to Laniakea beach, the home of the Honu's(turtles)and Monk Seals. Turtles usually just lounge around and soak up the sun on the North Shore. This time there were three on land and about 8 in the water surfing the waves like on the movie Finding Nemo..Coocoocachoo...Righteous, righteous! Pretty exciting. Here are a few photos:


All in all we had a great day. It was sunny and beautiful and I was so drained I slept like a rock! Often times living here, I see the beauty everyday and sometimes dont get enough of it like I should, work keeps me inside, but now that its Spring time I am making every effort to see the beauty of this island. I have my own bucket list that I have given to Evy so hopefully within the next year I can cross some of those things off before we leave(crossing me fingers).It was a great day!

3 comments:

Brittanie said...

It's so beautiful there, We're coming to visit next april! We haven't been to oahu before and we want to come visit you guys!

Katy said...

I wish I could come visit too! I often think the same thing about water. The ocean is beautiful, and it reminds me that the Lord is amazing.

Dial Family said...

That is so cool!! I SOO remember sharks cove!! I never went snorkeling there but remember it well because of the name (that's mostly what hindered me from going and snorkeling there..). How freaky you saw a shark, you are so brave!! I miss it there..