Monday, May 11, 2009
a.great.day.
I really have no complaints. Life has always been full of blessings and lessons to learn; Heartache and sadness, but on the flip side joy and laughter.Its all about how you look at it.. Today being a day to remember our Mothers and those that have been "Mothers" in our lives, I cant help but be grateful for my Mom, shes a special person.She has had her countless trials, ones she felt she could never endure, yet she has. She has endured many days of motherhood raising 6 crazy kids with their own personalities and many activities, days she felt exhausted and that she could not give anymore, yet she did. She has endured and I admire her for her faith and dedication to her family. She gave everything for her children..and I one of those recipients of her time and support am indeed grateful and blessed to have been born of Goodly parents and a Mother that constantly supported me, even if its not what she felt was best for me, or if it took her some time to come around to the idea.
There is much to be grateful for as I reflect on the many memories that my Mom and I have had together. I am also grateful for my Mo in-law, Lolly, she is much like my Mother and has so much care for her children. She too gives so much for her children. I enjoy being able to spend time with her and am grateful for her loving acceptance as her only son's, the baby of da family, wifey. She is always thinking about Ev and I and what we need and what we could use. She too is a special person in my life and means much to Ev and I. Even though I am not yet a Mother, my hubbs while we were dating last year gave me a card wishing me a happy Mum's day, it was cute. This year though, he upgraded and I got flowers. 12 red roses (maybe thats how many kids we will have and hes thanking me in advance) I love flowers they are so beautiful and bring so much color to my house. I love my husband. He is so thoughtful and it was so nice to wake up and see roses. I also guilted him into making me breakfast because, "I was so STARVING." He's such a good sport and I am not even a Mum yet. It was a happy day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
12 kids! WHOA MAMA!!!! Glad u had a great day <3
Lol. What the heck is he going to do for you once you have kids if he's already getting you a dozen roses when you're NOT a mom!? He's a keeper for sure.
Thanks for all the nice words....I seriously don't feel i deserve such praise...I sure wasn't the mom i thought i would be but hey, you all know i love you and i did my best to always do what was right. Take the good that you liked and be a better mom. It will be a challenge well worth the effort....i love you mom
I love your mom too. She's hilarious, and I loved reading your post about her. She's been through a lot, more than anyone I personally know. I always look at her kids and think, "All of them are so awesome!" That happened because she was/is a good MOM! I love reading your blog, Darcy.
You better get started and hope you have multiples. Yikes! Twelve Good Luck!I know you will be a great mom and I would love flowers on mother's day. LUCKY!
Post a Comment