Sunday, May 24, 2009

Our trip on the Gemini....

Since living in Hawaii for almost three years , I really havent "enjoyed" the beautiful island I live on. Of course I have hit the beach and the town and good food and the mall, but now that I am out of school I have accumulated what I call my "BUCKET LIST" for Hawaii. Yesterday was a day that I could cross off one of my bucket list activities. Ev and I headed to Kailua (sounds like its spelt) to one of the prettiest beaches in all of Hawaii. The water was so warm I thought that one too many people had peed in it, but none the less, I loved how warm it was (gross I know)but thats just how warm the water is in Kailua. We rented a Kayak and headed out for three hours to Flat Island and then to Mokulua Island. Both have bird sanctuaries, nesting places, on them, it was pretty cool. The beauty of the water and mountains is always so breathtaking, especially from the being on an island in the middle of the ocean.I feel like I am living in a movie.


We had such a blast. We flipped once, only because when coming to shore we got slammed by a wave. Let me tell you I jumped off so fast, but still hit rock bottom, I had one too many grains of sand in my bottoms, if you know what I mean, but we survived. We ate our PB&J sandwiches and had a blast. The trek coming back from the further island went by super fast we thought, we must be getting good.We were going to go shopping yesterday,but after a lot of kayaking we were pooped and drained from the sun, all we could do was take a trip to Costco so my husband doesn't starve this week. So..I hardly ever sleep in and I think I slept in this morning until 9. We had a great workout. I am so glad we went it was so great! We had such a blast. For those of you who dont know much about kayaking, when you have two people you want to try and be in sync therefore actually moving in the direction of straight and not in a circle, It was fun for Ev and I to be paddling along and then me hitting his paddle, most of the time, because I was so gung ho I was using all my power except I was following through a little too much...so every time I would hit Ev's paddle I would stop and take a break..then we would laugh and then Ev would stop and we would just cruise..It was so fun for us to use so much team work. We kayaked a long ways..even though it didnt look far from the other island, it was so far..haha...but we did it and it was such a great accomplishment!The best part was we would see tourists kayaking and the one in the front would be paddling along and the one is the back would be pretending she was paddling but not doing anything at all, just drinking a soda..we got a kick out of that and had great laughs. It was a great day we had with each other! I love my adventures in Hawaii! I am about to bombard this blog with a ton of pictures from our Kayak adventure on Gemini(the name of our kayak).









ANYONE PLANNING ON A VISIT ANYTIME??? MOM, YOU IN???





The water was so clear we could see the coral we were kayaking over. We saw one turtle and fishies, but no sharks on this adventure...
SEXY FEET WE HAVE, I KNOW =)



5 comments:

Brittanie said...

So we're coming to visit and we want to go there! Can we take a 1 year old? lol And BTW i love your swim suit! So cute!

Stubbs Love said...

YES you actually can take a one year old! We totally saw parents with one or two kids with little life jackets and everything..and better yest we can get a Kama'aina discount too. So instead of 60 bucks its pretty much 40$. You will love Kailua. Fun little town. If you dont stay on north shore you def want to stay in Kailua instead on waikiki or honolulu.

Sarah said...

wow! What a beautiful place! I wanna go so bad! ur so lucky to live there! Im glad ur enjoying it!!!

Dial Family said...

What a super fun vaca!! I WISH we could find some vaca time to come that far, let alone the money... We'll have to see about next year some time, just nate and I and leaving the kiddies with my parents. Our family vaca this year includes disneyland in Oct. for Em's 5th b'day... (She's SO looking forward to seeing the princesses...).

Riesel said...

So fun you are so lucky! Can't wait til I can get on a kayak again...lol. Who knows when that'll be with a baby coming! Can't wait to go to Hawaii again...gorgeous pictures!