***WARNING!THIS MAY GROSS YOU OUT OR MAKE YOU SQUIRM***
I have to tell you that bugs/insects are a beautiful gift that our Heavenly Father put on this earth. So many species and so many purposes for each one. I would like to talk about the C-O-C-K-A-R-O-A-C-H. Here are a few fun facts that you prolly never knew or never wanted to know:
*A cockroach can hold it's breath for up to 40 minutes.
*Some female cockroaches mate once and are pregnant for the rest of their lives
*Cockroaches rest for approximately 75% of each day.
*Young cockroaches only need a crack about 0.5mm wide to crawl into your house. Adult males can squeeze into a space of 1.6mm.
*A cockroach can live for up to a month, without its head.
Ever wondered what the supposed purpose of having cockroaches on the planet at all is? Well try this handy example of a coackroaches supposed usefulness:
Crushed cockroaches can be applied to a stinging wound to help relieve the pain (http://www.funfacts.com.au/cockroach-facts/).
I am sure there are a few more reasons as to the purpose that cockroaches serve, but I will tell you why I do NOT see their purpose.Okay, so I have never been afraid of bugs, reptiles, really any animal unless it is very wild and shouldnt be close to me.So the story is I was taking a shower the other day and as I was putting shampoo in my hair I looked up at the shower curtain and saw this:I tried to shower as fast as I could not only because I was thoroughly disgusted and cuz that gross thing wasnt just a normal Roach it was a flying one..and did I mention it was in my shower while I was in there??? Look at all his detail that would freak you out too ..heebgeebeez.. Eww..After I got out I thought,oh Ev is gonna have to get in later too I will just kill the roach..so i got some toilet paper and tried to kill it but then it FLEW at me. I tried to smash it on the wall, it didnt die and tried to fly away again finally I threw it in the toilet and it tried to fly out (new fact to me roaches can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes so drowning him didnt work) But I just FLUSHED him..and that was the end..I have another crazy story that happened to my friend on Saturday. She woke up in the early morning to something in her ear. She called the ambulance because it had dug its way in but she had no idea what it was. She went to the hospital and the doctors kill it in her ear! She had to wait until Monday to go to a specialist and have it removed, it was then she found out that it was a ROACH, about the size of her thumb..I know you are all looking at your thumb right now and cant imagine that happening, but it did, and its real!! Needless to say, we are extra careful around here these parts and the bugs that decide they want to move in and live free of rent! Well thats it..Enough for one night..hope you all are glad you took the time to read my blog and learn about roaches and ponder their purpose. When you find it, please enlighten me, and I might even send you some =)

3 comments:
oh my gosh! that just made me squirm!!! gross!!!
ewww! Now im freaked out! im gonna have to start sleeping with ear muffs or something! YUUUUCK!!! Im so glad im not one! Just for this fact alone, "*Some female cockroaches mate once and are pregnant for the rest of their lives" preggo for the rest of ur life! EWWWW lol....
Thats one blog I wished I had skipped reading lol...
sooo your story wasn't that bad, kind like finding a spider in the shower, however, that story about your friend is D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G!!
I feel sorry for her, I would move away from hawaii if that ever happened to me!
Post a Comment