Tuesday, July 5, 2011
Family Fun-Independence Day weekend!
We miss Hawaii, no doubt about it. We miss the beauty, the lifestyle, the people and Evan's family. When I smell a certain smell I think of Hawaii. So many great memories! Sigh..Can't wait to visit. One blessing though about being in the mainland and living just 20-30 min from most of my siblings families is that I can spend time with them, time that no beauty in the world can make up for or replace. I love time with my family. My SIL Brittanie had her Gall Bladder removed recently and she also just gave birth to my nephew Cole, what a crazy series of events. When Evan got back from San Diego on June 30, we were able to head over to J&B house, with a bag packed and our dogs, to crash their house for a few extra hands for a few days. We (me & Evs) were on baby Cole duty for 2 nights and it was certainly a change from telling our dogs to go get in their beds!! The gassy, tired, hungry for his Momma's breastmilk not formula baby was an angel. He never pooped (constipated) but he did peed on me, that was different. I now know to keep that thing covered no matter what! HAHA. He is the sweetest baby and as different of an experience it was for me to take care of a newborn when I was suppose to be sleeping deeply like REM deep kind of sleep, it was a great experience for us and a little insider for when Heavenly Father blesses us with children. I think Mother's are given a gift when they give birth to a baby, such a special spirit. A gift of unconditional love and the ability to serve a child unconditionally. Glad to be close to family and be able to help out when we can. There is nothing better than those memories made with family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(208)
-
▼
July
(11)
- "It can be difficult to recognize our blessings wh...
- Girls Camp " A League of Our Own"
- Happy Birthday Jade!
- Reunited
- Oh Monday!
- First there were two.... And now there is on...
- Rubi time @ The Cove
- Family Fun-Independence Day weekend!
- Family Fun-Independence Day weekend!
- Family Fun-Independence Day weekend!
- Family fun-Independence Day weekend!
-
▼
July
(11)
2 comments:
I'm glad you got a taste of what's to come. IOU guys big time! love ya!
I'm glad you're here Darc... I would miss you in Hawaii.
Post a Comment