Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"United we stand, divided we fall"

 President Barack Obama (D) and Governor Mitt Romney (R)
We sat in our living room switching between Fox, NBC, CBS, CSPAN, the CW and ION {these two as a distraction of course not election coverage}. We got excited as Mitt Romney would pull ahead in the electoral votes. It was exciting. But the votes were still being counted. Obama would close the gap as the polls closed in states.We had a constant prayer in our heart that Mitt would get elected. There were some states that Obama swept. And there were states that Romney swept. But then there were those in between states. It was amazing to me that   so many of our fellow Americans could be so divided. In the end. Mr. President was re-elected for a second term, 4 more years. May our thoughts and prayers be with Mr. President, the House and the Senate. Please think of the little people when making decisions for the betterment of our country as a whole because we really suffer when you suck. I hope people desire to work hard and not just freeload their way through life because the money has to come from somewhere and I will not sell my dogs. We are hard working educated members of the middle class and it would real sweet to be "comfortable" at some point in our lives (hint hint Government). It would also be nice to be united as the land of the free and not just in time of crisis.
Moving FORWARD. GOD BLESS AMERICA. 

1 comment:

Kristin said...

After re-reading my comment, I realized it didn't make sense because my thoughts were going way faster than my fingers could type. Haha. So let me try again.

Your "you suck" comment had me laughing so hard, I even shared it with my co-worker! Haha

I know way too many people who voted very selfishly, not considering who will be paying their way to be able to freeload off our government, which would be the hard working Americans. You would think that I, as a single mother who is on the very low-income bracket, would be in support of freeloading and getting whatever I could from the government, but I was raised to not rely on the government and that you take care of yourself, that it's not the governments responsibility. I basically don't even pay taxes because I'm so poor and get all my taxes back. I just don't think that's right. We should all contribute. The one and only thing I get from the government is reduced lunches for Hayley, which I'm very grateful for but in no way act like it is owed to me. Every other expense in my life I pay for myself. Call me prideful but I would be too embarrassed to live off welfare instead of using it temporarily to get me back on my feet. But I'm getting into a whole other discussion now. Haha.

I typically stay out of arguing with people because there really is just no reasoning with them. I haven't found one person to give me a legit reason as to why Obama is the better choice. It really sickens me. Read Mosiah 29:26-27. Sheds some light and kinda scares the crap out of me. Haha!

Okay, I think I'm done. Haha