Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving in Georgia

We headed to Georgia November 21st and traveled through Alabama and then on into South Georgia and finally to beautiful Macon to visit my Uncle Jon Greco and cousins who I hadn't seen in over 4 years and my cousin Kasey in almost 13 years!
Ready to roll!
I've heard about cotton fields before when learning in school. But I was amazed at the beauty of the large fields and then watching them harvest them. Guess I've been on the west coast far too long!
Thanksgiving 2012: We have much to be grateful for. Life: is one of those things that we have learned to not take for granted. Our Puppies: they are my angels without wings. Family: no matter where they are, they are always there to support, comfort, and love even 2,000 miles away. 
Family walk
Turkey the southern way-DEEP FRIED-Yummmy!
Family time!
Since I was in Georgia last (13 years ago) many things have changed. The trees in the pictures below were just planted. My cousins and their families live in the two houses on the property that was once my Uncle's and Grandma Greco's. It was surreal to be back there and so much be different. A lot of great memories came flooding back. 
 Uncle Jon & me
 Jolynn, Evie, me & JR
Family time
Back in Florida! It was such an amazing trip!

No comments: