Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bayfest Hawaii 2009 (Kaneohe, HI)

Last Saturday Ev and I went to Bayfest. It was a huge entertainment event being held at the Marine Corp Base. I kept hearing tv commercials that the Black Eyed Peas were playing LIVE at Bayfest, not that we had tickets, but I thought it was pretty cool that they were actually going to be here in Hawaii, cuz no one really plays here. It was something that sounded like fun to me so I convinced Ev to go and we had a really really great time! Bayfest reminded me alot of the Farmers Fair on the fairgrounds in Perris,CA. Alot of the classic rides, expensive food, games cost a $1 for one ball/dart or $2 for 3 balls/darts..etc We played some games and tried to win...stuffed animals?? Why would we do that? I hate stuffed animals..so really we werent playing the game to win the stuffed animal more or less just playing to win, cuz thats what you do at a fair...spend money you dont have and have a GREAT time!!

Ev really like this game...it was so hard, but so addicting! because everytime we played we would come..SO CLOSE..so then we would try again..Ev was trying to win me this...
After leaving this game because it stole all of our money, we went to the dart balloon game, which I consider the game where "EVERYONES A WINNER", except me, cuz I didnt throw my dart hard enough because I was concentrating so hard on aiming at a balloon that I didnt even make it on the board..can you say spaz?? geez...but Evy WON! He doesnt seem too thrilled...haha...Its a cute little dolphin isnt it?? It recently found a new home with Leah, our 2 year old neighbor..


The Balloon game I stink at..and Happy Us.


Ride #1 Classic Zipper
Here's a picture of Ev inside the Zipper as we are going up. He is very scrunched in the cage, his legs are too long..This is such a classic ride. I love it! Ev's memories of this ride werent as great. He said when he was younger he didnt like to be twisted and flipped, but his sisters would scare him to death when he was inside the cage..but he enjoyed it this time since I screamed the entire ride, I didnt even think to try and flip it to scare him. Everytime the cage would flip and it felt like I was going to fall out, Ev said I would scream louder, not that I wasnt already screaming loud enouh, but I enjoyed myself even though I screamed the whole time. Meanwhile Ev was laughing, he said my screaming was so funny that his anxiety just turned into laughter.
This was our view of the entire Carnival from the top of the Zipper, almost as good as the Ferris Wheel, minus the boring ride and slow rotation..

Ride #2 Classic Bumper Cars
With my foot pushing as hard as I could on the gas pedal, I was still just puttering along..I was going for Ev the entire time, I mean honestly, its a little weird to be slamming into some total stranger, and then smiling and laughing about it especially when they have kids, so I stuck to searching Ev out and smashing into him..good fun..of course its never long enough, but I had some great 180 action going on... So by this time we have used all of our money on games, food, and ride..amazing how fast $100 goes, there is was in my bank account..now its not in my bank account..We had four tickets left and we mustered up some coins for $2.00 to pay for two more tickets since the ride we wanted to go on cost 3 tickets..we did it..

Ride #3

Up! Up! and away we went. It was a pretty chill ride. At one point while I was flying in the air strapped to metal I said, This is probably what skydiving is like...just alot, lot, lot higher up..oh and minus the free fall..ok, so maybe the wind blowing in my face at a high speed is the only similarity...

We of course had to get Cotton Candy to end our special date. Ev wanted to get the big bag, but I said No, we're going to the dentist on Monday...haha..
We had a great night. There were so many people there. We were so glad we came when we did and left when we did, it was a madhouse because everyone was trying to get to the Black Eyed Peas concert. There was probably a line of cars from the Marine Base entrance that went about 2 miles forward and 2 miles the other way..it wasnt moving..procrastination people...and now people that didnt get into the concert because they were at the end of that 2 mile line want a refund...YAH RIGHT..think again...your bad..next time plan better its not everyday that Black Eyed Peas comes to Hawaii..honestly..Gotta love Bayfest!

Favorite part about that night: I would have to say losing all of our money on the games we played, but seeing how happy and excited Ev got to play them.

Ev's favorite part about that night: the zipper, he said even though he was scared as a child, it brought great excitement this time around.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

aww sounds like you guys had a great time!