Monday, August 31, 2009

Simple Choices

After a wonderful day of church, I was cooking dinner and for some reason the trash smelt. So I took the bag out set it by the door, smelt the trash can and got out my bleach, I just dont like it when the trash can stinks. I dropped everything and bleached the trash can right then because thanks to my mother I have inherited that trait of doing things right then and not waiting..,Then I go to get out my cookbook so I can make some rolls and I see a Roach, a little nasty. I HATE Cochroaches!! I got the cookbook down saw all this little poop because everyone poops even Roaches. I open the book and theres another ROACH. GAA! By then I was so frustrated.. I was not being a happy person, but I told Ev, I am sorry I am choosing to be frustrated because of the Roaches I just wish they would no longer exist on this earth. They invade my home and are gross nasties. I understand that God has created this insect but I have prayed that he would take the cochroaches and for them to leave my house alone and that they can become extinct to our earth. I was frustrated for about 20 minutes today but it was because I was choosing to be frustrated and let small things frustrate me when they shouldnt have. Moral of the story is you are the boss of what you do and say..so I am no longer frustrated that cochroaches live in Hawaii and no matter how clean my house is they are a fact of my life...At least I have not yet experienced grabbing a huge one out of my purse like my mom in law and screaming like she was dying. Someone always has it worse than you....choose to be happy...

4 comments:

Kristin said...

oh man. you are a much bigger person than i am. after your cockroach blog a while back i swore there was one in my ear. hahahahaaha

Brittanie said...

I know the feeling....except mine is with ants! I was freaking out over them the other day cause they were ALL OVER our trash can and josh told me to leave and he cleaned them all up! lol

Stubbs Love said...

Kristin- I still swear one is going to crawl in my ear when we dont kill the one I saw before we go to bed..gross.eww

Brit- Ya Ev was like its just a part of life, thats just how it is, then he laughs during our food prayer when I am praying that Heavenly Father will take all the roaches out of my house and that they will all leave us alone...the silly things we do..

Katy said...

I always see roaches in our garage. They make me feel so trashy. I like your just choose to be happy attitude; I'll try it:)