Friday, August 7, 2009

Oh the JOYS...of date night

Last night I wanted to take Ev out on a date. So I thought of all these things that we could do after he got back from work and then soon realized most things were closed at 5pm when he got off. SO I went on to plan B. Ev has been reading the Twilight series, and he borrowed the first two books from a friend but didnt have the last two. So since every items cost increases when you ship it to Hawaii, I couldnt get it from the mainland. I didnt want to pay full price for them. I decided to try and find the Twilight series on Craigslist. So I emailed a few people in hopes that they would email me back with their contact info by 5pm, that was my plan B, I didnt have a plan C so I was rooting for Plan B. Well I got an email back! So we headed down to town and I was getting car sick from not eating much all day and felt like throwing up so we stopped for a traditional "Binner" (breakfast for dinner, MY FAVORITE, at Ihop) After Binner we headed to meet the girl that I was buying the Twilight series from. It was night and she was standing outside, we pulled to the side of the road by her apartment, she had the bag of books and I had the cash, totally drug deal style..we swapped I made sure it was all there and good condition, then we drove off..kinda odd transaction, but whatev I got the whole series for $30 bucks..the last two books being hardcover..pretty much such a great deal. After we did our business with the Twilight junkie we decided to go do random shopping (def:(v) going into fun stores and looking at random things your not going to buy) We started at Longs Drug store (huge cool people store here in Hawaii, whereas in the mainland its just a lame store). We looked at all these funny cards that talk when you open them and man we were laughing so hard at these cards I wish someone took a picture of us, and I wish I would have taken a picture of Ev because he laughed hysterically at some of them..who would have thought, date night in the greeting card section of Longs Drugs store..good times ya..Our next adventure was to head to Barnes and Noble to look for GRE study books for Ev so he can prepare to take the test for graduate school. We just sat on the floor, chit chatted and flipped through the different options to buy the best one for our money..oh so many decisions there are..then everytime Ev saw the SAT books he would say, I didnt even study for that, I gave him da stink eye and said,"yaya some of us arent so fortunate (I took it three times and never got..well I wont say...but even close to what he got and I studied-sooo glad I married a smart guy!) who would have thought, date night on the floor of Barnes and Noble chit chatting. We left that store and got on the road at 9ish to be home by 10pm. It was a good night..nothing better than a great date night with the hubby. I love that guy!
P.S. He just switched jobs. He loves his new job working in the athletic training room. He enjoys it so much. He just enjoys being around anything having to do with sports..gotta love that about my sweet hubby.
Doesnt he look excited ?!?!?
My cute hubby in his work clothes. So professional looking, ya?

2 comments:

Dial Family said...

I so missed seeing you guys last week passing thru. Lunch would have been a blast visiting with ALL of you guys this time around... Sorry to hear about your family friend, but it is truly a blessing to know what we have to look forward to in the end... I love reading your blog. What a funny date night.. XOXO

Katy said...

You two are soooooooo precious. He'll ace the GRE; there's not doubt about it. But I hope he knows how lucky he is to have a sweetie like you. Even though you didn't score well on your SAT, you're one smart chica.

I think I landed a 20 (maybe lower) on the ACT. I cried for days. Tests are not my thing.