Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Labor Day activities

Got up this morning and had a mini-olympic games with my ward, BYU-Hawaii 6th ward..played a lot of relay games and Evan and I were the 3-legged race champs..we dominated..we sprinted forwards and backwards..GREAT TEAMWORK! must have something to do with the Lord's instructions" cleave unto your spouse and non else.."Played some soccer, ate some rice, mac salad and Ono chicken that had been marinated for about 13 hours and then barbequed..it was delish. There is something about the way people in Hawaii cook chicken, it is just so good compared to the mainland. Fun day we spent together and with the ward.
The bucket list continues I have crossed off quite a few things since we usually spend our special day, Saturday, doing some activity around the island. I took a lesson to learn how to Stand up Paddleboard. It was pretty much the best thing ever. If I could afford a paddle board (they range from $800 up) So its looking like I wont be purchasing one anytime soon..sigh..maybe someday...But for now I will live in the moment. I SUP (stand up paddled) for an hour. It was such a great work out! One of my favorite ways to exercise now for sure! I feel like I caught on pretty well, but I was doing any performance paddling just crusing around. My instructor was nice enough to let Ev try it for a few minutes just to see what it was like and he seemed to like it and did good to. Nice afternoon we spent in Kailua.

Starting out on my knees to get a feel for paddling and balancing.

Graduated from my knees after a few minutes to my feet.

Just cruising around..


Stand up Paddling in Action

2 comments:

Kristin said...

that looks like something i would like to do ... but im probably not coordinated enough to do it. haha

Stubbs Love said...

you would love it I am sure of it! Even falling is kinda fun..when i was trying to learn some turning where I had to stand int he surfer stance and put my weight mostly on the back end, which means the front end of the board goes up =) I fell the second time I tried to be cool and go super fast..hehe it was fun though cooled me off.