Thursday, September 24, 2009

Life is meant to be lived. -Eleanor Roosevelt

I am really about living life and letting the wind blow my hair to a complete disaster--for the most part. Two days ago in the afternoon I happened to be heading to the post office. I was grateful I left when I did and got stuck behind this guy pedaling away because he just looked like he was having the time of his life. First, he was smiling away as he pedaled, kinda like how I smile away when I play soccer. Second, he was just in cruise mode. He didn't have anywhere to be he was just enjoying the day. I love that. I think "cruise mode" is a must! Especially in the world today when we can often get caught up in day to day things that we easily forget to take a breather and enjoy. After this happy man snapped out of lala land and realized he was holding up a line of cars down Hale La'a (seemed like I was following him for 5 minutes) he stopped in the round about and waved all the cars to go passed him.
I gave him a shaka shaka and smiled at him. Oh joy the things that amuse me! Good day!