Thursday, March 4, 2010

the day

So my hubby has been in California since Tuesday and I miss him so much. He went there for a grad school interview which he had today. All night and morning I just couldnt help but pray for him and constantly be thinking about him. I know he is amazing and I knew he would do fine in the interview, he's a natural, but I really just prayed for "them" (and when I say "them" I mean the panel of interviewers, 6 to be exact). I pray that they will see that little bit extra edge that Evs has that someone else doesn't have. That they see his passion and dedication and drive to be successful. And more than that, that they see him for the hardworking man that he is. Amongst all these prayers in my heart and actual prayers on my knees, I just knew that he was nervous and I felt an overwhelming anxiety for him and wanted him (and me) to be calm and feel at ease, so I prayed again since I knew he was in his interview (right as I was making my cinnamon toast) that he (and I) would feel peace and surety. As soon as I said "Amen", I got a text from my mom.
And it looked like this:

SMILE and STOP WORRYING

So I did. I mean how could I not with this picture of my two nieces! Immediately I felt better, calm and peaceful. My Father in Heaven knew what I needed. It was like he was singing to me the hymn, Be still my soul: The Lord is on thy side; With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain. Leave to thy God to order and provide; in evr'y change he faithful will remain. Be still my soul: thy best thy heav'nly Friend, thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.
And since my Mom was the one who took Evs to his interview she would be the one to know best what to say and do. Thanks Mom for sending me the right thing and feeling the need to send it. It made all the difference! Evans interview went great! He felt strong, confident, sounded happy and delighted with himself after the interview. He did and said everything he could to make him a candidate for admittance into the program. I love him and I am so proud of my hubby. I know that its always been in the Lords hands and we have done all we can up to this point and now we wait. I normally don't get so worked up over things like this, I just let things be as they will, but I knew that this was a huge deal to helping Evs get to that next step. I am exhausted and I am not even the one that had the interview! Go figure! But I sure was his biggest cheerleader the whole time.

1 comment:

Brittanie said...

oh they are so darn cute! Josh says "they do look alike. that must mean they look like their dads" ha ha