Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Joys of my job.

This is my little buddy. I call him E-man, he is 6. And for the sake of HIPAA privacy rights I will stick to E-man when I talk about my adventure with my buddy. E-man is a one of my kiddos I worked with through my job. He has to be one of the cutest and sweetest little guys I have ever met. Since We are moving mainland, I had to say goodbye to my little buddy. I have seen so much progress with him its amazing! He never ceases to amaze me by the sentences that come out of his mouth without being prompted. Some of E-mans favorite things to do were going outside, watching movies, singing Hickory Dickory Dock and 5 little monkeys. He loves Spongebob, trains, and puzzles. He is so fast and good at puzzles, its crazy! He taught me so much. He taught me a great part of what love and kindness means, a different kind of love and kindness. This little guy made my job, not a job but a joy to have gained a new buddy. ABA therapy is the "greatest medicine" for the kiddos we work with. I never knew that something without an antihistamine or a acetaminophen could make such a difference, but I know now that being the giver of the ABA therapy is medicine for me. It makes me happy and when I see such joy in my kiddos, even a little, it probably is very much like how a parent feels about their child, it brings joy.

E-man loves sidewalk chalk. He has such great ideas when it comes to drawing in an unlimited area. He loves to be traced. This day he happened to want to write colors. When he didn't know how to spell it, he would sit for a second and say,"write please" meaning I would write it then he would copy how I spelt it. It was pretty cute. E-man is such a genius too. Such a smart kiddo.


E-man had to draw himself for homework. I'd have to say the kicking yellow shoes and his 5 fingers are my favorite parts of his drawing. I love though how he got the brown hair and brown eyes and the red lips so exact. He is so cute.

I love my lil E-man. He is such an inspiration to me. I was sad to have to say goodbye to him on our last session together. He brought me so much joy and his family was the best! I know he will bring so much joy to the new behavior therapist. Aloha Oe' buddy!

1 comment:

The Sandbergs said...

So cute! I can't wait until I can look back and say the same things about my kiddos. Well, technically your kiddos first, so our kiddos. Ha. No, but really, I am so excited to start working and to have experiences like you did with E-man. :)