Sunday, April 25, 2010

We are en route..

To Southern California..We had the chance to make another pit stop in Nor Cal along the way! We headed from San Carlos, CA (staying with Evans sister) to Brentwood, CA where we stayed with my College Roomies family, the Dudeks. Renae Gonzalez (Dudek) was my college roommate at Cal State East Bay (formerly known as Cal State Hayward) and soccer buddy for 2 years until I transferred to BYU-Hawaii. She and I have kept in contact after all this time and I am so grateful to be apart of her life still. She's pretty awesome! Her family too! We made this pit stop because Renae has a bun in the oven and she was having her baby shower yesterday. Even though its just a baby shower, it was pretty cool to be there and see her at this stage in her life. She is due end of May with a baby girl, Payton. Evs and I are so excited for her and we had such a great time visiting with them, for the few days we were here. We went to the movies, ate good food, yummy frozen yogurt, visited, hung out and talked about all the good times and things to come. Another cool part about being here for Renaes baby shower was that one of our roommates, Tamara, from our Sophomore year in college was also coming. She has a 2 year old daughter that is adorable and that neither of us had seen. It was so so great to have a little reunion with her, introduce her to Evs and catch up with everything going on in her life. We had such a great time and are so glad we were able to make this short visit to see some family and great friends. We are lucky to have such great people in our life.



1 comment:

THE GROWS said...

sounds like a fun trip to CA. That is cool that you still keep in touch with Renee. How is she? I can't believe she is preg. Tell her I said hi.