Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 1

Today is the first day of having to take a pill for the rest of my life. I recently had some blood work done due to my constant exhaustion, lack of appetite, irregular periods..etc. I got my results back on Friday and it turns out that I have hypothyroidism ( thyroid deficiency). Not that I was excited that my thyroid doesn't function properly, I was happy to find out that it wasn't cancer (runs in my family), that I wasn't going through menopause at 25, and that my condition is fixable and that my medicine will make me feel better. I can be thankful for the advances in medicine so that Doctors can find a way to help keep me healthy. I also have to be grateful that at least the pill is a little pill.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hey darc that stinks im glad they figured it out! Listen, coming from someone who at one point took 22 pills a day it wont matter as long as it works!

Stubbs Love said...

Isn't that the truth! I hope you are doing much better these days!!

Anonymous said...

So glad you found out WHY. Hope you will feel better....XXOO

Kayce said...

Yay for modern medicine so you can feel better!