Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Lap Band
So I commute to work in Yorba Linda Tuesdays and Thursdays. I leave early and sit in traffic to get to my first case on time. On the way home my last case ends at 5:30 pm which is right in the dead of traffic time on the 91 freeway..iick. Anyways, I listen the radio for traffic updates and why everyone is moving slow and half the time there is no real reason, so I just jam out to the tunes. Well amongst all my jamming out I hear this one commercial seriously non stop throughout the entire day and its for the LAP-BAND. Now I could be so rude and go as far as to say what a ridiculous form of weight loss this is and what an insult it is to the field of exercise and sport, but I suppose it has probably saved someones life maybe. (This might just be the car fever from sitting in traffic talking too) My whole life I never really worried about my weight I have always been very active in sports.. good genes?? Hyper thyroidism?? never had a baby?? But I just admire people like my sisters who exercise. They get out there and run, lift weights, throw around hay bales, run after kiddos, whatever it may be to get their heart beating getting it stronger, exercise is important and I really think the world is starting to lose that important factor in their scope of health. The advertisements for this LAPBAND irritate me. Why? because they present weightloss not for what its really for, but make it appealing because they read results like I lost 165 lbs! Im skinny sexy and ready for summer! I suppose that anyone that has battled with their weight might disagree strongly, but exercise isnt just for making you skinny, its for making your heart and body strong to withstand illnesses and be able to recover from things faster. I get that its suppose to be the "new" gastric bipass and I find that if it can help you get down to a healthier state than great, but health isn't always about a number on the scale. Health is mental, physical, and emotional health. Its about being strong and making a lifestyle change not just a change in what section of the store and which racks one shops from. Just my two sense every time I hear the fake, non-motivating, advertisement. Goodnite.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
tell us how you really feel. haha. i think you just motivated me to get off my butt and exercise more.
word.haha
ha ha thanks darc! I'm happy to report I just got done with my spin class at the gym this morning! lol
I just got off the treadmill, thank goodness I can somewhat count as a sister of yours that works out!
Post a Comment