Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Temple Day. Date Nite.

Things in life always tend to go better when you allow the Lord to be in the drivers seat. I feel like life sometimes is this car with everything inside being invisible ignition, gas and brake pedal, turn signals, lights, radio..etc. When we get in the drivers seat we guess where everything is and just hope its right, eventually making a mess or never even getting going. I have learned something in my short life of 25 years (quarter of a century..yup thats right) however I am never perfect at it, that when we put God first in our lives we are much better off. Plain and simple. One thing that I have gotten out of the habit of is attending the temple of the Lord. When Evan and I lived in Hawaii, it was closed for 18 months (basically the entire time we had left there for Ev to finish). Coming back to the mainland we are so spoiled and have so many temples here its amazing. Evs and I went a few times since we have been back, but not as much as we should have gone seeing as how we are so close and blessed to be so close. We are working harder to grow closer to the Lord and each other each day. Attending the temple is something we were happy we could do tonight as it really helped bring peace to my mind and heart about things happening in our life that we cannot control, but need to allow the Lord to be the "driver" and things will happen as they should. I knew I needed to get to the temple about a month ago, I kept having this feeling to get there.But then everything with work and life and blah blah seemed to come first. One of my kiddos was sick today and Evan was all done with work and classes so I said,"lets go!" We dropped everything and made our way to the Redlands temple. We stopped at the NEW Cafe Rio in Redlands and checked out the food and got some yummies in our tummies before we headed to the Temple for a great uplifting night together. It was wonderful. We came home went to mutual and then went out to $1.50 night at Baskin Robbins. Love being together with my best friend.


1 comment:

Brittanie said...

You guys are so cute! I've been wanting to go to the temple. My goal is to go before the baby comes. Maybe we can all go on a sat some time