Saturday, January 1, 2011

Completed.

Reading the scriptures are a basic part of life that should become a habit. Two years ago, my sweet newly married husband and I set a goal to finish the Book of Mormon together. On December 31st, 2010 we finally finished it!The Book of Mormon is only 531 pages long, but yes, unfortunately it took us 2 years to finish it. We had weeks where we were consistent with our reading every day. And then life would happen and we wouldn't prioritize properly and with work and school we would just zonk out. Our first two years of marriage were amazing and it was because we remembered to read the scriptures, pray together, and we centered our life on Jesus Christ. When we would become unbalanced we were still happy, but it seemed as though, the smallest things would stir up a disagreement. I have a strong testimony of the importance of balancing our lives and always making time to read and pray. I know that our lives have been blessed and guided because we have sought the Lord's hand in our joys and in our struggles. We know what we know is true.

Darcy's Testimony:
I know that the Book of Mormon is Another Testament of our Lord Jesus Christ. It was translated for our benefit, so that we would study and learn from it. I know that the beginnings of the Prophet Lehi and his family were true and real. That he was truly guided by the Lord when he took his family into the wilderness and left Jerusalem. He was always so obedient to the Lord's commandments. Like we should be. I love reading about the people of old and their struggles. The struggles with obedience and faith; I love reading how they overcame those challenges. Because I often wonder how I can overcome my trials and gain strength in my weakness. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true record written by Ancient prophets living in North, South, Central Americas. They traveled far, they endured much, and they taught us important principles that the Lord would have us know. The Book of Mormon teaches us about the nature of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ and the Spirit. I know that this little blue book is true. That it was translated by a true Prophet of God, Joseph Smith, called and given power to be His mouthpiece on this earth. It has strengthened me and my family. Its true. Its real. Its life changing. It brings peace.


Evan's Testimony:
The Book of Mormon is true. It can help any and all people. Whatever challenges others may have in their life, if you but read the words and listen to what the Spirit says to you, the Lord will guide you in your path of life. In times of darkness the Book of Mormon can light your path. It can even be a gateway in building wonderful family relations and a better relationship with your Father in Heaven. 


We have once again set the goal to complete the Book of Mormon by the end of the year. And this time we're gonna do it!

1 comment:

The Fallan Family said...

Glad you guys could finish it together. That's awesome!