Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Temple time

“The real value of research in identifying ancestors is providing the ordinances for them in the temple”
-Elder Scott

This morning I had the wonderful opportunity of attending the Redlands Temple with my amazing husband. We made a plan yesterday that we would go today. When I woke up this morning, the image of my great great grandparents, the only picture I have ever seen of them, flashed in my mind. The name Eva Lee Green scrolled across my frontal lobe like a marquee. Then I saw the name again. It was impressed upon my mind, "Get my work done". I immediately went to my computer, turned it on, made the necessary arrangements and we were on our way to the temple tomdomthe work for Eva Lee Green and Fred Coleman, my great great grandparents on the Greco side. When I first started searching for them, it was a mystery, I couldn't find them, but I was determined to do so. What was once lost has now been found and it's an amazing feeling.


Of course we hit up CAFE RIO afterwards for lunch in Redlands and I feel blessed. It's been a wonderful day!
“When our hearts turn to our ancestors, something changes inside us. We feel part of something greater than ourselves. Our inborn yearnings for family connections are fulfilled when we are linked to our ancestors through sacred ordinances of the temple"
-Elder Nelson

2 comments:

Brandon and Kim Waldron said...

What a cool experience that must have been!

Merilee said...

I too have been feeling the sweet fulfillment of performing temple ordinances for my ancestors recently. It is SO awesome to feel the spirit of Elijah burning within you! I will be teaching a RS lesson on this on Sunday and hope to be able to kindle the flame of the spirit of Elijah within as many of my RS sisters as possible.:)