Monday, April 25, 2011

One Year Recap

One year ago we left the beautiful island of Oahu. We packed up a ton of suitcases and boxes and had a lot of help from family moving across a body of water via an airplane. We have spent the last year in Riverside, CA. I can't believe it has already been a year, but that also means Evs only has two semesters left and he will be done with his Masters {even more exciting}.Since being here we ENDURED a hot summer, a cold, sometimes warm, fickle winter that extended into spring. We have enjoyed many family visits from Evan's family and from friends. We also had many family dinners and get togethers. We have learned alot about each other this past year, about our struggles and about our strengths and weaknesses.We have grown closer through our trials; We are better and more refined individuals. We are thankful for all we have been given. Evan has grown tremendously in his experience, practical application, and knowledge in his future profession {Athletic Training}.He has spent a lot of time working {for free} in different sports and learning more about his professional goals. He is pretty independent with his studies {I tried to step it down a notch from being the nagging smother wife during his undergrad to being the more supportive and get "straight A's" driven wife during his Masters} He has done very well all year is his classes and I am very proud of him. I have had a good year her in California as well. Work was slow this last year, losing one of my jobs didn't help, but it allowed me to struggle and stretch. I was able to find a temporary job for 10 weeks as a fitness coach for Seniors {over 50 years old}. Its a pretty awesome job. I also continue to work as a Behavior Therapist for children with Autism. I am staying busy. Days are long, but I am not complaining as all, I am blessed. We will be in California for at least another year and then we shall see where we are taken with Evan's work. I am sure we have a lot more growing to do and alot more trials to face. We enjoyed our first year together in sunny So Cal.

No comments: