There is so much to appreciate about life. Today I was reminded of how truly blessed I am. By Small & Simple Things great things come to pass. As I walked into one of my clients homes today, his mom said, "A Big Person" {She has three kids 6,4,2. She has been struggling lately with her relationship with the kids dad and as of Saturday the dad just packed up and left them, no money, no car} I looked at her and asked, "how are you?" She immediately started to vent and tears came pouring out. I listened and embraced her, wishing I could fix her problems and take away her pain. I stood in silence as she cried in my arms. {Change can happen with the slightest gestures. Remember to help one another because there will be a time when you need someone to lean on.}
Lately, I have been looking at the world around me and the more I look the more I see how blessed I am. I look and read of others and their hardships and mine seem bearable. I feel thankful for the peace I have been given through the Spirit. I wondered if I had enough faith to get through our small difficulties and I was reminded by my amazing husband, "Babe WE just gotta have faith." {I am never alone} I have my best friend right by me. I also know that my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ will never abandon me. My faith has carried me. It is hard to live on Heavenly Father's time, but I have faith that Heavenly Father knows what is best for us. I was given strength when I needed it most. I learned that when we look outside ourselves we become stronger, as we are stronger for others around us. Small & Simple Things change a person.
"Would I give up those feelings of knowing that my Savior encircles me and passes all my understanding, just to have no trials or adversity?"
1 comment:
Someone in my ward had a similar situation. It is very sad. I'm glad you can see your blessings through the trials.
Post a Comment