Sunday, April 10, 2011

TOFW

I had the most amazing opportunity to drive to Fresno,CA {the drive wasn't the amazing part} and meet up with, Shawna Brown, one of my closest friends from the Bay area. She texted me about a month ago and said, "What are you doing on April 8th & 9th?" to which I responded, "exactly what you are doing." She invited me to go to Time Out for Women {TOFW} with her. She would drive from Hayward and I would drive from Riverside. The drive wasn't that bad {about 3 1/2 hours}. We booked a hotel and it was like having a slumber party for Big Girls. We had so much fun talking and chatting and catching up and most of all LAUGHING!! There is just something about laughing with your friends that adds to the beauty of a friendship. We had the worst service @ El Torito and @ IHOP. It was ridiculous how bad it was..but we laughed it out and had a good time doing it. We attended TOFW Friday evening.  The speakers spoke on amazing topics. The theme of the event was Choose to Become. It was centered around setting goals on who we want to be as a person, as a wife, a mother, daughter, sister, and a friend. It was about setting goals and trying to find ways to achieve them. It was about finding happiness and holy places amidst hard times, trials, disappointment and adversity. Saturday, we were up early and ate our {FREE} Continental Breakfast {stashed some goods for later}. We headed out for a full day of enrichment and uplifting words. We heard many more talks, personal experiences, beautiful music and we were touched by the strong Spirit that was there. It is amazing how good you can feel when you are able to recharge your thoughts, your energy, and disperse it in such a better way than you had it before. I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to spend the time with my friend that I did. It is something we will have to definitely do again! Love you Shawna Mahana Brown!
Oh ya and how could I forget our little "Miracle" experience. Heavenly Father was really watching out for us..there were literally angels watching over us and our hotel room...{See picture below}
Note to self:
Self,
DO NOT LEAVE the room key in the door the entire night, next time, some crazies just might come and get ya! {Especially the drunken ones from El Torito across the parking lot}
RECOMMENDATION
Absolutely amazing read. Highly recommend it!

No comments: