Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

For Mother's day I told Evan I had a request. That request was a free car wash done by the one and only, Him. So last Sunday {the week before MDay} he washed it for me while we were at my parents house. Well today, I made the same request because in one week my car had gotten dirty and needed some cleaning, the inside needed some vacuuming as well. So because my husband is so sweet he once again washed my car, vacuumed it and detailed it {with a little help from me or as he says "lets do it together"}. I just love myself a clean car.

We went to my parents for Mother's day later in the afternoon and my sister Jenny made baked ziti and Evs and I made steamed asparagus and garlic bread. It was a nice team effort {except Jenny did all the dishes--she is such a good daughter; I just watched and kept Mom company}. We brought her some of her favorite Sees Candy and enjoyed the day. Growing up my Mom hated Mother's day because I guess we tried to be good for her only that day and she wished that we were good everyday. I guess she makes a point. But now we are all older and don't live under the same roof so we all get along much better! I have learned a lot of things about how to be a mother as I watched my own Mother's example and the example of my other Mother.
{mom and me on mother's day}

Dear Momma Maggie,
Thank you for teaching me that laundry can be done quickly if you just rotate as you go throughout the day. Thanks for teaching me to service others and have unconditional love for them. Thank you for showing me how to love and loving me. Thank you for teaching me cooking skills and letting me call when I forget the recipe. Thank you for letting me always call when I don't know what a good deal for food is in the store. Thank you for showing me how to be a supportive parent and how to encourage talents when you see them. Thank you for showing me to stand up for what I believe in and never take crud from others who are ignorant. Thank you for teaching me to be honest and kind. Thank you for your example. Believe it or not, I lived off of your testimony and strength until I could stand on my own. Thank you for being my Mom. I love you!
Love your one and only, Tata


Dear Momma Lolly,
Thank you for teaching me about unconditional love of those around you. Thank you for your constant example of service to your family and those around you. Thank you for teaching me in such a short time that kind words are better than unkind words. Thank you for showing me that you can love your kids, encourage them, be apart of their life, but allow them to make their own decisions. You have taught me many good cooking tricks and helped me learn. Thank you for raising an amazing son that is so like you in so many ways. He is so good to me and I believe it was you {and his sisters} that taught him the tricks of making a wife happy. Thank you for raising him in the gospel and allowing him to feel the Spirit in your home. Thank you for giving him great gospel teaching moments. I am so thankful to have another Mother in my life to love me! 
Love your one and only blonde daughter, Darcy

No comments: