Monday, September 21, 2009

Saturday is a Special Day!

Ev and I keep pretty busy, but we decided since school just started, for Ev, that Saturday was a designated lounge day. We hung out all morning til we headed to the soccer games for the BYU-Hawaii Men's and Women's soccer. During the midst of all the hoots and hollers for the players and yelling and name calling at the referee for bizarre or should I say RIDICULOUS calls, I turned to my right and found myself very amused by one little girl. Not going to lie, I could be considered a Cr-e-e-per for taking this picture, very nonchalantly with Ev's iphone I might add, of this little girl treating her little brother like a little doll. But not even kidding! It was probably the sweetest thing I had seen on Saturday. If you look closely she is even reading her little brother a book, not like he's even listening, while watching the game. I hope that my "someday" kids are that loving and kind. I learned from watching and being so amused by this little girl and her baby brother that:
1. i can be a little more gentle and a little more kind.
2. i can see others as a young child sees them.
3. i can find greater appreciation for the small things.
4. i can use my time to be more helpful.
5. i can find more ways to serve others.
6. i can find more ways to express my love for my siblings, even though I am so far away.
7. i should run around more often with no slippers or shoes.
There are so many small and simple things to see around us; if we just take the time to see them and recognize the goodness, we will be more appreciative and our day will be that much better!

1 comment:

Merilee said...

Oh my gosh, Darcy, I am SO happy I found your blog! You are Evan are THE cutest couple! I'm so glad you're having such wonderful experiences over in Hawaii.:)