I was privileged to have the opportunity to meet and become great friends with Jessi. Here is her story: Jessi is 18 years old. She just graduated from high school and moved to Riverside, CA with her Mom, brother and sister. She is a wonderful person who had a desire to find herself and her purpose in this life. Almost a month ago she prayed to our Heavenly Father for guidance and help. The next day Jessi was just taking a walk around and on the cross of Jackson St. and Garfield and she came in contact with the missionaries. It was on the street that they first taught her and invited her to learn more. The missionaries invited me to meet them at the church to help teach her and I was so excited. From that point Jessi and I became instant buddies. We helped each other in so many ways and I feel so blessed for such an opportunity to help teach the gospel to Jessi and bear my testimony of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Redeemer. As I watched Jessi learn, I watched her countenance and light shine. Her joy increased and she made so many changes in her life. I love her words, "It just all makes sense." I know that she has a lot to learn as all of us do, but I know she has learned/gained one of the most important tools that we need in this life and that is faith and trust in God and his Son, Jesus Christ. What a wonderful day it was. Jessi entered the waters of baptized today. Her light is shining and her joy is full. She is happy. Her family came to the baptism and it was so amazing to see their love and support.
I feel so blessed to have had the chance to take part in such an amazing experience. I watched a young girls life change and be touched by the Spirit of God and by the message of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and I saw her change. Change because she wanted to. Change because she knew what would bring her the greatest joy. She knew when she said that silent prayer over a month ago that her life wasn't right. That she wasn't happy and that she wasn't living her life right, but she didn't know how to change. I love to look at these photos and to see her face lit up.
More support for Jessi.
What a beautiful Sabbath Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment