Evan and I had to drop a friend off at LAX on Sunday. Since we were already down there, we decided to go and see the Museum of Tolerance in Los Angeles. I had wanted to take the train (never been on one) there for our 2 year anniversary (Dec 2010), but we decided to make the best use of our time and do it now. For some reason I have a fascination with the history of the Holocaust. Its a weird and odd fascination just for the fact that it was cruel and sad and horrifying what the Germans did to the Jews. But its a part of history that I can learn about and never get tired of it. Maybe because I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (aka Mormon) and my ancestors were persecuted and killed for their beliefs and for just living. We had a nice time. Part of the exhibit is you get a card with a name on it, and you go through as that person. I went through as Barbara Schechter, she was just a toddler when the war began and was one of the few Jewish children that survived the Holocaust. Ev went through as Peter Somogyi, he was just a kid too, but also survived. Neat experience. I am thankful that my husband always puts my needs before his and when I want to do something he makes it happen.
On our way to the airport I got a text from one of my mission companions/friends Jecia Hutchinson. She is from Nevada and happened to be in Anaheim. So after we went to the museum we headed to Downtown Disney and met her at her hotel and got a chance to catch up. I love getting opportunities to meet up with friends and getting big hugs ans smiles!


1 comment:
Yea! Love you daily!
Post a Comment