Its been a year since Grandma Ballantyne's spirit left this earth. I've missed her. Its been one heck of a year for Grandpa surviving without her too. He has had strong times and then some not so strong times. He used to come and exercise with me at my work and those times were strong moments for him. He went from walking with a walker, to a cane, to nothing. But then things came up..cataract surgery..etc and he stopped coming. Well he recently had a fall and broke his femur. Now when an 88 year old falls-they are more than likely going to get injured and have a hard time recovering from it. Well, Grandpa B is in a rehab facility attempting to recover from his fall, but its been a roller coaster. I was able to do Grandpas physical therapy with him on today and he did such a great job. He was alert, making jokes, and working hard to walk and get stronger. I loved getting to work with my Grandpa again. It was hard to see him flip from being alert to being mentally unstable, restless, and uneasy. He isn't eating much, so he gets fatigued easily after his therapy. Its sad to see him close to death. I know that when his time to go comes that it will be God's time for him to do more work in heaven and be with Grandma. I will be happy that he can reunite with Grandma. I love you Grandpa B.


No comments:
Post a Comment