Friday, June 8, 2012

Unfriended

RANDOM POST: This whole "Social Networking" thing is so awesome, yet its so lame. Its easy to just dump people when you don't like what they have to say, when their complaining is annoying, they post too many off the wall posts...etc. I am pretty sure there should be a manual for social networking because some people are just WAY OFF on things appropriate to post. I think having a Facebook is a necessary evil. Its wonderful to catch up with people you know who live far away and you aren't super BFF's with, but I feel like it makes me quick to judge other people, which is why I feel like having a FB manual would be helpful. Or maybe I should just not be so quick to judge...anyways, the reason for me even posting about this was because I was unfriended by someone I know. Not because we really dont talk and she just wanted to look at my pictures, so she added me, but because she simply didn't agree with my resolution for her depressive attention seeking attitude {not a judgmental comment-its the truth!} and my testimony of Jesus Christ, His grace and mercy. I was like SERIOUSLY?!?! Its amazing how when you don't believe or agree with someone's opinion you can just check the box and press delete. Too bad in the world of Social Networking its not always a reality and you cant delete the person from your life or from seeing them at church {AWKWARD}. Aye teenagers sure have a mind of their own and surely are living in the world of cyberspace!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

At least you didnt get the huge montage of your a loser texts before being unfriended by a freaky teen!

Kristin said...

I got deleted by one of my best friends ( not a friend at all anymore) because I didn't "like" her FB status. True story. I text and emailed her after discovering it and she seriously said that. I couldn't believe it. Still can't. But my life actually better without her now :-)

As much as a FB manual would be awesome, it's their (and my) FB and they/we can do whatever they/we want with it. But unfortunately, there are consequences to their (and our) actions (and posts haha)that they/we may not like.

I try not to post anything controversial but also stay true to myself :-)

And I'm totally curious who it is! haha!