Rest in peace Grandpa.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Funeral #2
The Rosary Vigil was Sunday evening for my Grandpa Repucci. It was a different experience for me, not being Catholic and not quite understanding the meaning behind some of the Catholic traditions. It was a good opportunity to learn. It was hard for me to not actually see my Grandpa's body in the casket {per his request no viewing}. Even though I know his spirit was no longer in his body, its just one of those things that helps you come to closure I guess. The Funeral mass was Monday morning. Again, not something I quite understood, but I respect his beliefs and tried to understand. I did understand that my Grandpa was being remembered and the traditions of preparing his body and spirit to return to God. I have some great memories of my Grandpa Repucci. One memory, I learned about at the funeral, was when we used to visit Grandpa down at his vacuum shop in Carlsbad, and we would go get ice cream at the parlor, Grandpa would call every store on the way asking if they saw us kids pass by and then he called the ice cream shop to make sure we got there. So sweet and so funny, I never knew that about him. It was a nice service in his memory. The music was beautiful and the words of the Priest were nice. It was nice to be a part of Grandpa's service.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment