April 3,1931-September 11, 2012
I have so many memories of winters at the cabin. Coming into the mud room, I remember being so excited to grab our small stocking from the hook and find $5 inside. We would get all suited up in our snow suits, boots, gloves, and hats. Then being excited to play in the snow! We would drag our circle or rectangle sled up the small hill and fly down the hill only to do it a million more times. I remember the special expensive cheese with crackers you and grandma always had on the table for a snack. Many of my summer memories with you are at your house. We swam in the sometimes over chlorinated pool, having to remember to always walk and not run to the "non-bouncy" diving board and making a huge leap or cannon ball into the deep end. I remember you cooking hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill that sat up in its own spot away from the house. As you got older and less mobile, someone else grilled because your electric wheel chair couldn't get up there. So many good times.
When I told you I was getting married, you told me I was crazy and pretty much sounded just like my Dad did. You told me to wait and blah blah blah, just like my Dad. Good thing I didn't listen to you or my Dad or I would've missed out on a real good catch. You and Dad are sooo much alike.
You always told me I was so beautiful and I could always expect to being called more beautiful the next time I saw you.
One of the last times Evan (or Evans as you always called him) and I were there, like many times before, you tried to tempt us into having a swig of your Whisky or some other kind of alcohol. Instead I opted for a Shirley Temple and I think the cherry stuff had been sitting there a little too long and so had the maraschino cherries because it just didn't taste right. Thanks for your effort though. Our chit chatting was worth it all.
As I have gotten older, we have always received a cheese/meat tray for Christmas. Last year you sent it to Hawaii, even though we had been living in California for two years. But eventually it got to us.
As I have gotten older, we have always received a cheese/meat tray for Christmas. Last year you sent it to Hawaii, even though we had been living in California for two years. But eventually it got to us.
Thanks for always loving us! May you rest from your cares and enjoy being reunited in Heaven with both of your wives and many of your loved ones. It will be a joyful day in heaven. I love you Grandpa Bob Repucci!
Until we meet again.
Until we meet again.
No comments:
Post a Comment