Have you seen the commercial for this yet???? Well I think they run it every minute because I was destined to try it. I went to the store and just wanted yeno a small can or bottle, but of course they didn't have that, they just had a 12 pack...I had to cringe because I do not normally buy soda, bad soda, bad soda, but I had no other choice. Not to mention it was on sale for a whopping $6.29, yes I know I splurged for a 12 pack of soda and that was on sale...I told Evan it was on sale... I said I would share if he didnt hassle me for spending that much..and of course he agreed..The soda was good..im not sure about the whole "ANTIOXIDANT" thing its preaching but it was good...maybe if its on sale for a NORMAL price I might buy it again...
Usually once a month we make a Costco trip and buy meat and bread and things we can freeze because its so much cheaper to do it that way, then to buy food from the local super market because everything is so much more expensive..just everything...so anyways we bought one of the roasted chickens for dinner since it would be like 7 when we got home and it was like $4.99. So we get home and I had to finish up some things, but Evan put the chicken in the microwave to heat it back up a little. I got out two plates and I got a fork to start pulling the meat off the chicken. Well Evan decides that a neither a fork nor a plate are needed..haha..I just let him be... And gave him a hard time for being so hungry and this is the face he gave me...and the chicken well..thats what was left when I got to him..A wing gone and half of the chickens body...
Today was such a beautiful day! I wish everyday were like today, except I would probably never want to be working. Ev grew up in Hawaii and he has never been a huge, "lets go to the beach!!" kinda guy. Im not sure why, but he just isnt. He has no problem going he just doesnt care to spend forever sun bathing as much as I like.. He prefers to stay white..hehe. I tell him, "oh but babe I need to get my Vitamin D, I just need to!! So I threaten, "I guess I will just go ..ALL ALONE.."and hes like no I am going to come..So we got to the beach and we had so much fun. he showed me how to make sand balls (instead of snow balls). It sounds easy, but its a process to get the sand to harden enough that it wont crack. It was fun! We built a sand wall and just watched the waves crash and then the water would stretch out to our wall and our wall would WIN. Then we would have to patch it up a little, we even made a mote. Everytime the water would hit our wall, we would find another way to try and defeat it! Im not sure why we do the things we do, like spend an hour at the beach building a sand wall, just to see if the water was strong enough to break it down..but looking back at today it was just fun to see how long our wall lasted, which got me thinking. Just like the LDS commercials always emphasize, "Family, isnt it about TIME?" I think that time really is about what effort we put forth. Time is about building a relationship. I mean Ev is the type of person that doesnt like to do very many things alone. He will, but if he has a choice he would probably choose to have someone help. If I ask him to take out the trash, or rotate the laundry at the wash room, he says cant we do it together? Can you please come with me? Its just the time we spend walking the 5 minutes together that we just talk and do things together. Its been an eye opener to me, just because if I need something done,I, like my Mother, just do it, which isnt a bad thing, but just think about it. If you found something that you tend to do by yourself and ask for someone to help you do it, thats time and memories that you are building. I remember growing up, my mom being at all my track meets and sporting events and at the end of the day everyone else having to ride home on the bus, while I got to ride home with my Mom-Time well Spent-I remember spending the night at my sisters house so excited because we were going to go to yard sales and clean up the yard together with my brothers the next day-Time well Spent- I remember going to Seminary every morning with Josh and being so happy to ride together knowing that after wards we would go to Del Taco and get a breakfast burrito (I never had to pay) and sit in the car while he copied his friends Chemistry homework-Time well Spent- I love that time is of the essence. If each of us took 5-10 minutes of time to help others or spend it with family, I really think it would be well spent. I dunno just a thought...anyways it was a fun day..good times...
2 comments:
I love those church commercials! lol You and evan are so cute! I'm so happy for you two. You seem so happy... and josh still talks about how you mooched off him for del taco ha ha
Your whole life i have tried to get you kids to understand that the only thing that really matters in life is family and the time and memories we make with each other. Those are the real treasures in life. And the memories and stories continue to give enjoyment year after year even if it is a Darcy story....love you....mom
Post a Comment