Thursday, April 9, 2009

small actions.equals.BIG HEARTS

I just want to say that if my family would have warned Evan that I was such a crazy sleeper, he might have seconded guessed the whole marriage thing =) just kidding..no really I feel bad for the guy..I toss and turn, I elbow him in the face, I give him a knee in the back quite often, not to mention I steal the covers and he sleeps with the fan on so he gets really cold. I grind my teeth once in a while, sprawl out comfortably..what can I say? I start out sleeping on my side, sharing the covers and respecting his space, but I guess, in an unconscious state I forget that whole respect thing I cant help it...So the whole point in documenting my terrible sleeping patterns , there is a point..I woke up in the middle of the night and saw that our jalousies(windows) were open. I got up cuz I had to make a run to the john and came back and was a little weirded out. I actually got scared..to think that someone outside could open them up and just stare at us all night..I was scared, which doesnt usually happen. I woke Ev up and asked him if he opened them, he said no. I thought, maybe I did it while I was sleeping? Then Ev said, "I dont think so, I would have heard you." So I was still pretty freaked out and Ev knew it, but I eventually fell back asleep. When I woke up about an 1.5 hour later for work, Ev was awake. He got up and was like Im tired. I said oh why, he said,"I didnt want to fall back asleep knowing that you were so scared, so I stayed up until you got up for work so that I knew we were safe." I wanted to just give him the biggest hug, but at the time he was in the john and so you know I refrained..I cant help but tear up every time I repeat that experience in my mind. I just think, WOW I married such a amazing person that loves me so much, that he would give up his favorite thing, sleeping, just so I could feel safe and be safe. Later that day Evan checked from the outside of the window if anyone could just open it up but pulling up the jalousies, but without breaking it wasn't possible. So going back to my crazy sleeping patterns, it must have been me, but I am grateful for this experience anyways, it will always be one I cherish. As most of you know I take care of a little girl three times a week, just for a few hours. Her name is Naomi and she has grown up so much since I have been watching her the last year. She is my little buddy. We have so much fun. Yesterday, her mom dropped her off and said,"here's the diapers, she hasn't gone the bathroom all day so...good luck." I smiled and said woo-hoo. So we were just hanging out we went to the beach and had a good time watching the water (too cold to get in). So we came home and we were coloring and laughing and all the sudden I smelt a stinky. So I asked her if she went poopy, and she no. So then I checked and she was right..then about 10 minutes I see this face grunting...she walks over to me and says,"I poopy" haha I was like oh yes you are...So I changed the stinky and found a way to decrease the amount of stink...See exhibit A below:

Making a diaper stink proof (just dont smell too close)

7 comments:

Dial Family said...

you are too cute... and the little one you watch is absolutely adorable!! (Don't you love those STINKY moments in a childs life..) We've been attempting to potty train Lilly; yeah, I'll repeat the word ATTEMPT!!!)She tells us when she's "poopy" or peepee, but won't go (did just a couple of times) but that's about it... That's a no go at this point, we'll have to wait a tad bit longer, little STINKER!!

The Fallan Family said...

You Are The Worst To Sleep With In The World! Haha... Didn't We All Tell Him That? I'm Glad He Makes You Happy Sissy Because A Person As Great As You Deserves Someone Just As Great! Love You... Text Your Flippin' Sister Sometime K?

Sarah said...

that is soo sweet! U picked a winner!

Brittanie said...

So I think your gonna need to send a lot of those flowers my way pretty soon! lol I love your short hair too! So cute!

Riesel said...

Awww...don't you just love being married!!!

THE GROWS said...

Thats a cute story. I like the whole diaper idea, except we don't have exotic flowers readily available at any given moment in this freaking cold state of lovely crap Utah. :)

Chrissy said...

Darci! How on earth are you? Happily married I presume :)

I LOVE your haircut too!