So if anyone knows my family, we like to get a good deal..My Dad and Sister are the wheel n' dealers in our family and well I have always just grown up looking for garage sale/yard sale signs and spending time having our own sales, you find some of the best things for so cheap and you get to bargain a deal. The best part is the person having the sale just wants to get rid of the stuff and make some $$Cash$$ in the process. So if you shoot a price out lower what they were asking and they say No , usually you just walk away, say thank you, and count down 5..4..3..2..1 and they are like,"ok Ill sell it to you.." SCORE! Here at BYU Hawaii there are always people moving out and graduating around December (end of the Fall semester), April (end of Winter semester), and June (end of Spring term and graduation). Now, married students have made Hawaii their home in TVA (temple View Apartments) Because of this, they tend to accumulate a ton of things that they do not want to have to ship or cannot pack. By the end of any of the moving times noted above, the trash cans are full and the "freebie pin" in the TVA office is jam packed with clothes, tables, books, toys...etc. The phrase "Another persons trash is another persons treasure" is very applicable in this situation. As Ev and I were walking to the mailbox we couldn't help but notice how full the dumpsters were! Exhibit A see below:

Notice how everything does NOT fit in the trash can? Now this is just in one of the sides our buildings rubbish cans. I didnt take inventory on the rest of the TVA apartments nor did I go shopping/dumpster diving even though it was free. I am trying to store as little as possible in our apartment so that I do not have to add to this madness when we end up leaving, even though I probably will. Free is free, right? Notice below how Person A and her children are taking advantage of the FREE items. (No names or identities are being disclosed on this blog) =)


No comments:
Post a Comment